Car model: Mercedes-Benz E class E200L (W213),
Tool prepared: Vident iAuto702 pro
Test Aim: Learn how to reset oil and EPB
Vident iAuto 702Pro Highlights:
1. Support ABS/SRS Full scan, support most of car brand in market for ABS and SRS system scan.
2. Support 31 Special function like EPB/BRT/Oil light Reset/TPS/TPMS/IMMO/DPF/ODOMETER/Injector Coding/SAS/Gear Learning/ABS Bleed/Gearbox Matching/Suspension Matc/Sunroof Initialization/AFS/Adjust Fuel
3. Support OBDII/EOBD+CAN Functions: Read codes,clear codes,vehicle information,live data ,view freeze frame data,I/M readiness,O2 monitor test,on-board monitor test,component test,modules present.
4. Multilingual menu options－ (14 languages): English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian, Simplified Chinese,Traditional Chinese, Russian,Japanese, Korean,Hungarian and Thai.
5. Three Years free update online via USB port
6. 4.3″LCD color display, clearly arranged keys, menu driven operation, and shortcuts together make this device extremely easy to use
Customers purchase at the price of £109 currently in VidentShop online store, free shipping and no tax. It comes with Vident iAuto 702pro main master, card reader, CD, password envelope, leather carry pouch and users’ guide.
What the test about:
The test will be divided into two parts, basically learn how to use iAuto 702pro to do oil light and EPB reset function.
It’s very easy to use. Just follow the users’ guide.
Test 1: Oil light reset
It shows “the next maintenance is after 5200KM” on the dashboard.
Firstly, connect iAuto702 Pro device with my car, then enter iAuto 702Pro main menu, and select “OilReset V16.00”
It begins to load the data, wait a moment
A message “Oil service light reset” appears on the screen as below:
– If the service lamp is on, you must provide service for the car. After service, you need to reset the driving mileage or driving time so that the service lamp turns off and the system enables the new service cycle.
– After changing engine oil or electric appliances that monitor oil life, you need to reset the service lamp.
Then press “OK” to continue
Select car model “Mercedes-BENZ”-> “Passenger car”-> “Manual Select”-> “E-Class”-> “213”
Follow the prompt to turn on the ignition switch
Select “Confirmation of general maintenance”
Determine the permissible oil types…
Detect the current service data, and press [F2] to next
The data are being updated, wait 15s…
The maintenance data have been updated to 10,000km
Vident iauto702 pro is confirmed to reset oil success
Test 2: EPB reset
Enter iauto 702pro application menu
Select “EPB V16.00”
It will show “Brake pad replacement” info:
– If the brake pad wears the brake pad sense line, the brake pad sense lines sends a signal sense line to the on-board computer to replace the brake pad. After replacing the brake pad, you must reset the brake pad. Otherwise, the car alarms.
– Reset must be performed in the following cases:
It has too much info, so here only show some parts.
Press “OK” to select car make and car model (same as oil light reset steps)
Switch on ignition
When vehicle communication is established
Enter “Actual value”
Pay attention to the prompt:
*The vehicle must be at a standstill
*Secure the vehicle to prevent it rolling away
*Release parking brake
The status of right electric parking brake is open
At this time press [F3] button to move the right electric parking brake to the assembly position
Great! EPB is reset successfully!
Vident iAuto702 pro can support 19 maintenance special functions. So far I only test EPB and oil light reset functions. I will use this vident application service tool to do more tests.
See you guys next time!